The Beauty in Pain & Suffering..😉

..Pain...Suffering.. 

..two words no one in their right 'Logical' state of mind would willingly want to associate themselves with. If we could have our way, we as Christians won't want anything to do with it..not one bit.
Have you ever heard someone say "Lord, let me suffer for your sake"..Yes, I have..It was Paul..in his letter to the Philippians..and it was said out of Love..not compulsion.

"..And this is given to you from God, that not only should you believe in The Messiah, but that you also will suffer for his sake."  - Philippians 1:29

Pain is Good?

Yes, the ability to feel pain is good.. It's part of being human. Pain tells you when something is wrong. eg. An acute pain in your chest will encourage you to visit the hospital and probably get your heart condition checked. A searing from the hot pot in the kitchen will send signals to our brain that we should get our hand/body away from it to avoid being scarred/burnt. This is where Pain is good as a preventive measure.

When we suffer pain for the sake of being a follower of Christ Jesus, this itself is an amazing thing when we look beyond the pain.

The greatest pain of all was when Christ Jesus had to die at the hands of His own creation. To classify this kind of pain lacks words..He must have been so heartbroken at how His creation whom He made out of Love gladly chose Barabbas over Him (Luke 23:18). He had to go through this path of suffering as it was the will of God the Father.. that Creation would not be doomed to eternal death and that the relationship man had tried in the past to restore on their own with God would be perfected by God's own intervention in the salvation of man..through the perfect sacrifice..Christ Jesus. 
In essence, the pain and suffering of Christ Jesus was Good..as we are now reaping from this(as coheirs in the Kingdom of God). Imagine if His mother objected to having him suffer and die or if Jesus Christ focused on the pain and lost sight (due to his human nature) of the greater good of God and rejected the suffering (Thank God for Jesus that He didn't.)

Pain often times teaches us lessons we otherwise would be too stiff-necked to learn in our normal state of mind.
Pain and suffering could come as a consequence of our sin (an indication that we have strayed away from God's path) or as a test (to strengthen our faith). God is too Good that He cannot tempt us but He is ever gracious to test us. He tests us in our happy moments with times of sufferings as a beacon to not loose focus on the One who is the source of it all. We humans are usually so quick to forget our source when all things go so well. We also have a habit of turning our "comfort/happiness" into gods and pay more attention to them that the One who graciously provides them for us.
He allows us to got through these tests in order to elevate us in our levels of faith and Christian living. The more we elevate in our faith, the closer we get to him
It is very true that what does not kill you will definitely make you stronger. I am a LIVING TESTIMONY to that 😉. I for one I am so glad I look nothing like the pain I've survived - both those known to others and those that were hidden, here on earth 😂 (Thank You Jesus for your ever present Grace that is always sufficient!)

A friend once said to me. "Tears are necessary to wash the dirt off our eyes to give us a clearer view".. Pain/suffering causes tears..lots of tears at that. God graciously uses our pain to mold us into the person we are meant to be. Sometimes, we feel pain so that we can properly empathize with those whom might have to walk through that same path. 


In the Pain, He is still Present.

The Lord is near to those who are discouraged (brokenhearted); he saves those who have lost all hope - Psalm 34:18

This verse is one of numerous verses in the Holy Bible (The Love book) that encourages me whenever I am in pain and my mind feels as though Love has let me down again, or worse when I pray and it feels like Love is silent. One thing I can testify to is that even when I am so upset to listen directly to Him.. He sends His messengers - People I can see whom He knows I might listen to, with messages of Love to encourage me over and over again. This makes me feel really really really loved and cherished by the Holy and Mighty Father that He would pay so much attention to me proving that He is so close to me especially in my moments of pain and suffering.
Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrow are but the Kiss of Jesus, a sign that you have come so close to him that he can kiss you. by Mother Teresa
Image taken from Pravsworld


There is a line from a song I like a lot (Beautiful name by Hillsong) that says "You didn't want Heaven without us, So You brought Heaven down." 
God in His Mercy and Love will take away that Car if you pay more attention to it than your walk with Him, He will disrupt your plans if it will mess up His plans for you...
..and He will take away that which you have made a god before Him. For thou shall have no other gods asides Him..(as in Exodus 20:3)
Question: How do I deal with the pain that God has allowed me go through?
Answer: Isaiah 61:3
"and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."

This is literally what works best. Just Praise Him. I usually would feel too sad to sing, so I'd listen to music to uplift my soul.. I am very mindful of what I listen to as lyrics play a very vital role in my heart when it comes to music.

Below are the lyrics to a chorus of a song by Jeremy Riddle "Even If".
Even if my heart should break
Even if I'm still afraid
I will rise up and I'll praise You all the more
Even when I feel defeat
I will live from victory
I will rise up and I'll praise You all the more

Another beautiful song I highly recommend is that by Elevation Worship - Do it again


Love has never failed me yet, and He never will. So keep your head up, your heart strong and your mind set. Love cares deeply for you. He truly does. 😊 This Pain shall pass. 

Don't give up, Hope - Hold On, Pain Ends.




Comments

Dd said…
Been thinking alot about pain and suffering recently not emotionally but physically. I often wonder about this doctrine of redemptive suffering. Is it a way to cop out of not exercising the power of healing that should reside within us all?
Dd said…
Been thinking alot about pain and suffering recently not emotionally but physically. I often wonder about this doctrine of redemptive suffering. Is it a way to cop out of not exercising the power of healing that should reside within us all?
There was a piece I read which simply puts it this way "Pain can protect us from Pain; redemptive pain can protect us from destructive pain." - Just as Jesus suffered to save us from eternal damnation, so also the Father disciplines us his own by permitting affliction in order to protect us from having our joy destroyed by Pride..or ourselves..

Popular posts from this blog

Do Not Forget Me - PAPA

Oh Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?