Trusting PAPA ...Unconditionally 💓

Apologies: I am truly sorry for the hiatus 🙏.
Compliments of the season! 😁😁  Don't forget that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

Definition of Trust:
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something.
-Google definition (29/12/2017)

Courtesy: The Christian Post


I am certain that you may have heard these words as much as you hear greetings/pleasantries.. "Trust God", "Trust His Timing", "It is well" etc. When we have issues and we pray expecting prompt responses/answers, what's our response when we don't see or hear them? While trying to figure out our next line of action, we are met with these same words "Trust God".
When the world is crumbling around you and you run to the nearest house of God weeping asking the man of God to intercede for you. Rounds of prayers, fasting, offerings etc. follow and then you are met with the same words "Trust God". The doubts begin to crawl in, Logic sets in and then the flood of questions sweep against you like water released at a dam... the Why(s) and the How(s).

Lord, how am I supposed to trust that You'll heal me when a vein has just been punctured with needles and I am groaning in Pain?
Lord, why is this happening to me when I have prayed & fasted so fervently?
Lord, I have just been let off from my place of work, my rent is due in a month, how am I supposed to trust that you'll take care of me? Isn't it better to just date that man so he can send me money to cover these bills?
Lord, how am I supposed to believe that I am getting married soon when the one I was so certain that you sent & approved for me has just walked out of my life?
Lord, you said there shall be no barrenness in the land, I have been a good girl, working for you in church, and yet, the test results from the doctors say I will never be able to carry a child. Why have you decided to hide your face from me Lord?
Why are you silent Lord?
Why have you forsaken me? (Recall our Lord Jesus Christ said this while He was nailed to the cross).

Now here is what I learned in my quiet time, these doubts/fears are NOT bad or wrong. Yup. It is a sign of being limited..being human. What you do with these doubts and fears is what defines you. You can do either of these two:
  1. Trust God with reckless abandon.. Praising Him even though you feel the waves beating against you.
  2. You throw in the towel and go look for some temporary fix. 
Just as darkness exist so we can enjoy the beauty of the Christmas lights & the stars in the sky, just as winter has to come for us to enjoy the snow flakes and appreciate the summer sun, that is how doubt / fear due to challenges & uncomfortable circumstances exist..so we can continue to grow and enjoy the benefits of trusting God - exercising Faith. Its in doubt that Faith rises up and says "Peace be still, I believe You are here so it is well. Even when I cannot see, I will trust the voice that speaks."
Imagine not having to ever doubt/fear..as Humans, we are most likely to cross the line of acknowledging God as our source to glorifying our "self righteousness" or feeding our sense of entitlement.

JESUS CHRIST asked the Why question. He was the son of God & also the Son of Man..Human..and in his human nature, He asked the Lord God Almighty, "My God, My God. Why has thou forsaken me? (Mark 15:34) . God was silent. (I'd like to feel that at this Point, God the Father & God the Holy Spirit were in deep pain and He couldn't look upon His beloved son who bore the sins of the whole world!. I imagine the earthquake was as a result of the Holy Father Screaming in pain over what His beloved Son had to go through.) Jesus didn't change His mind when the nails thrusts through His veins, He didn't curse when His father seemed silent. He trusted in the Will of His Good Good Father. 3 days later, God Almighty by the power of the Holy Spirit showed up just as HE had planned, in His own time.

Trusting God with reckless abandon requires great faith..which is a gift of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:9). It is not something you can conjure on your own. You cannot trust God on your own. You will just end up depressed, disappointed and hurt and in worse cases.. Numb!
The Holy Spirit is who you must depend on every moment. He is the one who will remind you of the goodness of God both in the time of old (as recorded in the bible) and also in your lifetime. 

Yes, you are ill now but HE is your Healer, Maybe you just needed a break from that work you were addicted to huh? Maybe He saved your stubborn heart from making that trip that might have cost you your life, your legs or your dignity huh? You will rest, and you will get better. You will heal.
Yes, you have no job and your rent is due. HE is the provider. Isn't He the God who made the Egyptians favor the Israelites, offering them gold and silver as they left for the wilderness? (Exodus 12:36)

Yes, he just walked out on you when you had already started thinking of how radiant you'd look in that dress. Keep imagining. I am sure PAPA was smiling as you blushed at the thought of you in that gown.
PAPA is Good. He is Intentional. He is Good. He is Love. He doesn't hold back anything good from HIS children. He is Faithful. He is Trustworthy. Those who put their trust in Him shall never be put to shame. (Psalm 25:3 , Isaiah 49:23). You need to trust Him and His Timing. Trust His Process.
HE is the Beginning and the End. You are just in between.

There are a lot of songs I like to listen to. The 7 songs below were quite helpful while I struggled with a disappointment lately. (The genre may not appeal to you but try to focus on their lyrics if you give them a chance 😊)

  1. Mention of Your Name - Jenn Johnson
  2. Be Still - Travis Greene
  3. My world needs You - Kirk Franklin 
  4. Never Ever - Kristene DiMarco
  5. Stars - Skillet (OST from the movie "The Shack")
  6. Sparrow - Audrey Assad
  7. While I'm waiting - John Waller (OST from the movie "FireProof")

"When all you focus on is your pain, you loose sight of ME" - PAPA (The Shack Movie 2017)

Don't loose faith my dear, trust in Him, trust His time, trust His Process.

Jeremiah 29:11 💓

Comments

Dd said…
"I imagine the earthquake was as a result of the Holy Father Screaming in pain over what His beloved Son had to go through.'

That is so true. We cannot bear the voice of God the Father. It is too awesome and we are to impure to hear it. It makes mountains fall and seas churn. The quaking of the earth was indeed a result of God the Father's anguish at being separated from the first time since eternity from His Beloved Son.

It is this intense love of the Holy Trinity that assures me of God's love for me. How can I not trust in the One who bore such anguish for an undeserving soul such as I?
Dd said…
Why do all these things happen? Why does this God whom we are to trust let these things happen to us? Because of the free will of others and our own free will. To deny us free will goes against the very nature of God which is love. He loves us even when He knows it causes him excruciating pain. He loves us enough to allow us to be free to do and not to do. In the interim, we hold on to His Word; the Word from Him who never lies...

Popular posts from this blog

Do Not Forget Me - PAPA

The Beauty in Pain & Suffering..😉

Oh Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?